Slovak Society of Actuaries
Slovak Society of Actuaries (SSA) is a voluntary association of actuaries, actuarial and other experts from around the financial market.
SSA is a full member of international organizations
- International Actuarial Association
- Actuarial Association of Europe
SSA places emphasis on continuous development of its members
The objective of SSA is to define and meet the criteria for the actuarial profession and to facilitate the steps defined so that the actuary is respected and recognized in the market as an expert in the financial market. This will also result in all its activities.
Since its foundation in 1996, SSA promotes the development of actuarial field of science, which includes
- financial and actuarial science,
- statistical and stochastic methods and their applications,
- investment and management,
- control and risk management in insurance companies and other institutions of finance.
Objectives of the SSA include
- in the short term to harmonize requirements for the education of their members with international syllabi
- promote external interests of its members
- strengthen the position of the actuarial profession in the financial market
- create actuarial standards and implement them into practice